The time setting on the display will revert back to Japanese time unless changed to UTC Here are instructions to set the time properly:
1. Go to Menu (press left bottom button)
2. Scroll down (use either upper right or lower right button) and select “Main Setting”
3. Press “OK” (right center)
4. Scroll down and select “Time Diff” Then press “OK”
5. Default setting of the UTC should be “+9” so change to correct UTC (PT is -8 and PDT is -7)
6. Press “OK”
7. If you want the device to display the current time, go to “Manual time setting” to change it manually or when you go to the golf course, it automatically changes the time (if it doesn’t change the time automatically, try “Auto time setting” under the Main setting).