Shaft Extenders for Graphite and Steel Shafts (1pc)
IMPORTANT:¬†Measure the INSIDE diameter (ID) of the butt end of the shaft first to determine what size extender you need. Normally shaft manufacturers¬†do not publish¬†this information in their specifications. We highly recommend using the¬†Gauge Shaft Measuring Tool (sold separately)¬†first to find this measurement. Due to slight variations in shaft diameters, you will likely need to apply light sanding to the shaft extension to achieve a suitable fit (and this will also help the epoxy achieve a more secure hold.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Shaft extensions for graphite and steel shafts
- Determine the inside¬†shaft diameter you need with the¬†Gauge Tool (sold separately)
- Manufactured from durable nylon blended plastic
- Light¬†sanding is recommended (before applying epoxy) and also may be needed to achieve a suitable fit
- Epoxy¬†sold separately here.
- Note: Sold in single pieces (not as a set) - choose from 15 different sizes
HOW TO USE
1) First measure the INSIDE diameter (ID) of the butt end of the shaft (not the outside). This will determine the size extension you need. Use the¬†Gauge Tool (sold separately)¬†for this.
2)¬†When the gauge stops naturally, identify the last color dot that was inserted into the shaft (see color chart description).¬†Choose the appropriate size extension.
3) Due to slight variations in shaft diameters, you will likely need to apply light sanding to the shaft extension to achieve a suitable fit. This will also help the epoxy achieve a more secure bond. IMPORTANT: Refer to¬†Maximum sand down variables
4) Use¬†high strength 24-hour¬†shafting epoxy¬†to secure the extension into butt end of the shaft. Extenders can be sanded down (generally no more than 0.020") to fit smaller openings.
5) After cured, then cut the extension to the desired length. Because of leverage and torque extremes placed on graphite shafts and extensions, a maximum extension length of of 1-1/2‚Äù is recommended for¬†X-Stiff flex shafts, 2‚Äù for Stiff flex Shafts, 2-1/2‚Äù for Regular flex and Seniors flex shafts, and 3‚Äù for Ladies flex shafts. Please cut the extension to the appropriate length accordingly.
Improperly installed extenders can cause parts of the club to come loose and fly off. This can cause damage, serious injury, or even death. If you are not sure on how to install extensions properly, please consult a local club-building professional prior installation.